Hands

You should see me walk now,
Or, maybe you shouldn't
But I know you would not recognize me,
or at least stare for a minute before having a hint.

Buy,
If you see me walking, on these streets
where I once imagined walking with you.
Hand in hand,
like we once did,
The road leading to your house;
Carefree- it never mattered who were all around.
The only thing we thought about
was how your hands, fit so perfectly in mine.
Because it was all just fine.

I was always fine.
But,
Those hands that once held yours
They rest restlessly in my pockets now;
In a town, that is mine but is new.
On these streets, that aren't but feels new.

Sounds awful,
But, it’s heavy to stay standing
For my heart is half the size
When you’re gone.

You know,
You should see me walk now,
Or, maybe you shouldn't.

I have forgotten to know things,
Like, how it's like to walk and know where you're walking to;
Know where you want to end up
And just simply go there.

I've told you,
I've forgotten things,
To know things and to do things.

But, one thing I know is,
You're not holding the hands anymore.
They are to rest restlessly inside my pocket for sure,
And if you’d see me now
on these streets
where I once walked with you
you’d have a hard time recognizing me.

You should see me walk now,
How have I've become.
But, maybe you shouldn't
Because, If I see you there,
I might not wave.
I've forgotten to know things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mistakes and Apologies

A Sleeping Heart